Monday, February 04, 2008

Fuck, man. I've had, like, the jinx thrown on me. The last week everything I did in the markets turned out the exact opposite of what I intended. A total fucking mess. I'm totally fucking gun-shy now. Maybe its time I take a week or so off. I dunno.

This weekend was pretty cool. On Saturday, I went out to watch the UFC fight. I was particularly interested in watching Brock Lesnar fight. The guy has to be the biggest fucking guy I've ever seen in my life. If he's ever standing between you and daylight his gorilla chest will surely eclipse the sun.


Anyway, Lesnar lost due to his inexperience but he absolutely smashed the shit out of the guy his was fighting against before he left himself open for an ankle lock. Even though he lost, you can tell, one of these days, Lesnar is gonna end up fucking killing an opponent in the octagon.

Sunday was the Superbowl at Ho's house. That was awesome. All of us had the Giants
so it was fun to watch as the G-Men "shocked the world". We were using Bowman.com's in-play, real-time betting application so we had money on the Giants throughout the game at +8.5, +10.5, and +13.5.

The funniest part about the SuperBowl, I thought, occured during the half-time show when the 100's of paid extra's rushed the stage during the Tom Petty performance. Are we supposed to believe that hot looking 20 year olds know who the fuck Tom Petty is? I mean, really! It kills me when corporate America tries to manufacture special, "spontaneous" moments. Spare us the well-planned out bum rushing the stage. Save us the orchestrated waving of the lighters back and forth. Just let whatever happens, happen. This being said, I'm pretty sure Tommy Petty was dead and they were just "weekend at Bernieing" him. I could've swore I saw Andrew McCartney on stage.

So far, last week seems to have carried over into today as far as the markets go. Fuck, dude.

Maybe its time I take my fat ass to the gym again. Take my mind off the unbelievable shit streak I'm riding. Too bad HBC has gone visiting friends in DC. I could certainly use a fuck right about now.

7 comments:

Lily said...

Yeah, so Tom Petty. I'm with you there. When they announced he was doing the halftime show, I looked at my husband and said, "That old guy is still alive? No way. I thought he was dead..."

LadyHAHA said...

Yes the tweens in the audience pretending to rock out to tom petty was more entertaining than tom petty himself..who at times looked about three sheets to the wind.

That sucks that Lesnar lost, i didn't get to see it but I'm glad at least he put up a fight.

i find it so wrong that I'm attracted that that monstrosity but I am.

Anonymous said...

Don't be too hard on yourself. I can't imagine anybody's making money in the stock market nowadays!

Tom Petty sucks.

2 Dollar Productions said...

I thought the same thing about the Petty show as most were flailing about like wildebeasts on X, and had no idea what the words to the songs were.

Anonymous said...

Dude, are those wings comin out that guy's back?!

Cowboy said...

Total week-end at Bernies. Who the fuck falls for that rushing-of-the-stage bullshit anyway? Must be the same ones keeping the telemarketing racket up and running.

IDigHootchAndCootch said...

me - I still think he's dead.

yo momma - Lesnar was crazy impressive, momma. I cant believe how quick he is for a dude that monsterous.

lightning - I normally make good when the markets are even crappy, but damn, that was one rough week. Thanks.

$2 - the halftime show could have used some wildebeasts.

franki - dude is massive. He must be hitler's dream child.

j - I can imagine the 1000 year old execs planning for the halftime show: "ok we need someone young and hip for the mid-game concert, how about Tom Petty?"